Wednesday 10 April 2013

Cinnamon Pork Chops

Pin It

Mom's Pantry friend, Sherry Rideout-Mitchell, shared this recipe the other day on our daily Secret Ingredient thread. As soon as I heard the name, I knew I'd be making it soon. It's savory and sweet and if you're looking for something a little different, but familiar for dinner, give this one a try. I think I'd add some sweet peppers next time as well. This recipe is a keeper!

Cinnamon Pork Chops

2 lbs pork chops
1/4 cup vinegar
1 onions chopped
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup ketchup

1. Place pork chops in a roasting pan and bake for 1 hour at 350.
2. Drain off fat.
3. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl, and pour over the pork chops.
4. Place back in the oven for one more hour.

Serve with rice or potato, and your choice of vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment