Saturday 6 April 2013

Apricot Tea Buns

Pin It

I have a new favorite recipe, to sip my tea by; Apricot Tea Buns. It was shared to me by Cathy Van Der Plujm who picked it up while living in Labrador Newfoundland. It's sweet and light softness makes it a perfect tea-time compliment, and they're easy too!

Apricot Tea Buns

2 cups flour 
1 tbs baking powder 
1/4 tsp salt 
1/2 tsp baking soda 
1/3 cup sugar 
1/2 cup butter
1 cup fine coconut 

1 cup vanilla yogurt 
1 cup dried apricots cut into small pieces 

Mix dry ingredients. Cut in butter. Add coconut, vanilla yogurt and dried apricot pieces and mix well. (add additional flour if needed but you want a light dough. Don't make it too dense.

Cut out on well floured board (1/2 inch thick) (I used the top of a clean drinking glass to cut my circles, making sure to dip it into flour first)

Bake at 3:50 for 12-15 min.


No comments:

Post a Comment